Pages

Sunday 17 November 2013

Mother Nature bears some miraculous gifts...it's called Ayurveda.

The word ayurveda takes me back to a delightful conversation with a very close friend.
I sat on her couch with a hot cup of freshly brewed coffee and the newspaper. My eyes fell on a beautiful picture of a model and I couldn't hold myself from calling my friend. The model was breathtakingly beautiful, her eyes sparkling and her skin was radiating. My friend joined me in admiration. Immediately we started wondering how models manage to look so fit and so beautiful.
"Ayurveda helps" she said. I blinked. 
"I've heard of the word ayurveda Ankita, but what is it?"
"It is a traditional practice in medicine, to battle all kinds of disorders with herbal solutions" she patiently explained.
"Well medicines do that too." I replied uninterested to know more.
" I was three years old. When I got a grotesque white patch on my forehead. It got my family worried.
  The patch spread like wildfire and we tried every medicine possible in this planet. No doctor was able to treat my ailment. I was suffering from a severe case of Vitiligo where my immune system destroyed my pigmentation cells." I listened to her with rapt attention.
"What happened next?" I curiously asked.
 "My parents were horrified. My dad then stumbled upon a woman who was trained in traditional ayurvedic practices. Since there was nothing to lose, we tried it and magically, it worked. Since then, we approached every ailment of ours with ayurvedic practices."
She smiled as she made her point. Her skin was flawless and perfect, proving that ayurveda was indeed miraculous to her.
I immediately went back home and did more research on ayurveda. From my studies I found out that synthetic medicines merely treat the symptoms, not the cause whereas ayurveda address the cause at the root level.
Ayurveda believes that every problem or disorder arises in the body because of accumulation of toxins. Therefore all of it's solutions involve cleansing and detoxifying the body which stimulates a healthy flow of blood around the body. 
Getting a little more interested, I decided to adopt a few ayurvedic practices into my life as well.
I feel as fit as a fiddle! 
Straight from the nature, like Gods gifts, they are indeed miraculous.

1 comment: